Yes, you need a specific printer and ink for this skill.
By Staff Writer
1. Epson SureColor P400: Known for its high-quality prints, this printer is capable of handling various media sizes and types, making it suitable for both small and large sublimation projects.
2. Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 and SG800: Sawgrass is a renowned name in the sublimation industry, and these printers are known for their vibrant colour output and reliability.
3. RICOH SG 3110DN: A compact and affordable option for sublimation printing, the RICOH SG 3110DN is known for its ease of use and reliability.
4. Epson WorkForce WF-7210: This is a wide-format printer, allowing you to print on larger sublimation blanks. It offers good colour accuracy and sharpness.
5. Epson EcoTank ET-2720: The EcoTank series is known for its high-capacity ink tanks, reducing the need for frequent ink replacements. It’s a cost-effective choice for sublimation printing.
6. Sawgrass Virtuoso SG500 and SG1000: These are updated versions of the SG400 and SG800, offering improved performance and colour accuracy.
7. Ricoh SG7100DN: Similar to the SG 3110DN, the SG7100DN is a reliable option for sublimation printing, suitable for both beginners and experienced users.
8. Canon PIXMA Pro-100: While primarily designed for photography, this printer can also be used for sublimation printing with the right ink and paper. It produces high-quality prints.
It’s essential to consider factors like your budget, printing volume, and specific requirements when choosing the best sublimation printer for your needs. Reading user reviews and consulting with experts in the field can also help you make an informed decision when purchasing a sublimation printer in the UK.